Sunday, July 23, 2006

Power Washers

There are some home chores that I just get a kick out of doing, and I love cleaning the patio with my Power Washer. I like my Water Pick too, and it is basically the same principal – to get all that dirt and muck out of the cracks and crevices. For me, it is one of those tasks that take you totally away from every-day distractions and concerns. All I seem to think about is getting that dirt sprayed away.

On a hot day, you can turn the setting on the nozzle to a fine mist, and spray it into the air and I swear the ambient temperature takes an almost immediate dive. I have a pond, and spray all the rocks and give the plants a good misting. When I’m done, there is a noticeable difference in the overall humidity in the general area. My neighbors probably think I am nuts because I tend to use the Power Sprayer quite a bit, but there could be worse people to live next to.

I feel a real sense of accomplishment after I am finished with spraying off my patio. I have moved all the patio furniture, cleaned well under the table and bar, sprayed off all the mats, and sanitized my outdoor living area. Most of the time, Nick and Pedro (my kat and dog) love to be on the patio – but not when I’ve got my Power Sprayer pointed in their direction. Pedro is content to watch from the patio door with his tail wagging, and ball in mouth, waiting to seize his opportunity when I am finished to play ball. Nick just sits on the Sunday Paper, wrapped up in a ball watching me from the corner of his eye. Nick will usually give up a big yawn, and then he goes to sleep.

When I am finished, I get my Sunday paper out, make a fresh pot of coffee, and set about to read about those every-day distractions and concerns in the paper, and come back to “the real world.”

No comments: